AGM 2018 - Women:The Leading Edge
Secure your ticket to our AGM. It's not to be missed and likely to sell out!
The day will be full of fantastic speakers and activities including -
- Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon will address our AGM and participate in a Q&A session. The FM's influence in Scotland has changed the face of politics and opened up debate about a huge number of issues that affect women's lives on a daily basis that were previously not addressed. This is sure to be a fantastic part of our day.
- Our new National Committee will be announced publicly so come along and meet them! It's always a proud moment when we announce the women who will be taking our organisation forward and a chance to thank the women who have got us this far.
- Be first to hear the outcome of our Womanifesto. Women informed us of what issues they see as key for an independent Scotland around the Economy, Food, Human Rights and Wellbeing. The first opportunity to hear about the results are naturally going to be at our AGM to women that helped to form and write the Womanifesto.
- Taster session for an exciting WFI event planned for 2019, which will explore the 100 year history of Scottish women and Parliamentary politics: Equal at last? In November 1918 as war ended a General Election was called, and Scottish women were getting ready for active participation in Parliamentary democracy. For the first time in history some were entitled to vote - and a few were willing to stand as candidates. Their aspirations and claims for equal citizenship, social reconstruction and peace ring down the century and still challenge us today, as politically engaged women.
- Our ever popular Open Mic will be part of the day, one of the many chances to use your voice and raise your ideas. Always a highlight of our meetings.
- A chance to meet and socialise with other women attending, catching up with old friends and meeting new ones.
More information about the day will be announced soon so please keep checking back!
What You Need To Know
Who Can Attend?
The meeting is open to all self identified women. You do not need to be a member of Women for Independence to attend. If you need to bring a carer to support you then their ticket is always free. If your carer is a man then he is also welcome. If you care for another adult or children then you are very welcome to bring them along. We do not provide a creche for children so they will need to remain with you during the event.
Lunch/refreshments are not included in your ticket. So it is up to you to bring your own packed lunch/refreshments or to buy something. We are hoping to be able to offer refreshments for a small donation but need to confirm this with the hotel. As in previous years, we hope the hotel will provide us with packed lunches that can be ordered on the day and we will update this as soon as we have it confirmed. You may prefer to go out to the nearby local shops for lunch.
- We will have BSL interpreters in the morning.
- There is wheelchair access from both entrances to the hotel.
- The rooms we use are on the ground floor of the hotel.
- There is limited parking at the venue so we would suggest arriving in good time.
We will add more information as we have it.
There is a car park at the hotel but spaces are limited. There are paying car parks nearby.
The train station is next to the hotel and the bus station is across the road from the hotel.
There may be stalls from various organisations on the day. We ask them to send women to staff the stalls but on occasion this does not happen. The stalls will not be in the main hall though.
If you need any further information then please contact our National Co-ordinator Margaret Young at email@example.com
Please check back for updates.
1 Leonard St
Perth PH2 8HE
Google map and directions