This is your opportunity to help create economic policy for Scotland. An economy that performs as well for women as it does for men. Join us in Edinburgh at the first of our two Womanifesto National Councils on the economy. It will be thought provoking and challenge Scotland to be at its best.
Our speakers include some of Scotland's most informed and talented women including
- Emma Ritch who will discuss how current economic policy is built around men's lives and what one that included women might look like.
- Angela O'Hagan will give us a taster around gendered budgeting and then lead us in workshops which will be informative and with which you can add your ideas.
- Ruth Watson who started #KeepScotlandTheBrand will give us a campaign update.
- Lesley Orr will speak about Ahed Tamimi and how you you can get involved in supporting her.
- Mairi Tulbure will give us an quick update on our Womanifesto so far.
- All of you - we will have our usual and ever popular Open Mic time.
We will be announcing the results of our by-election!
If you can support us financially then tickets can be purchased at £6 by clicking on the link to buy tickets. We also supply tickets without financial cost so please email us at [email protected] to reserve one of them. There is no need to explain your reasons, we want to support women without question and with dignity.
SPECIAL OFFER ON NATIONAL COUNCIL TICKETS!!!
If you are paying for a £6 ticket and then buy a ticket for our National Councils in March and June, we will give you a free ticket for our September National Council! Once you have bought your January ticket, we will send you full details.
Who Can Attend?
The meeting is open to all self identified women. You do not need to be a member of Women for Independence to attend. If you need to bring a carer to support you then their ticket is always free. If your carer is a man then he is also welcome. If you care for another adult or children then you are very welcome to bring them along. We do not provide a creche for children so they will need to remain with you during the event.
12 Bellevue Cres
Edinburgh EH3 6NE
Google map and directions